Monday, November 17, 2008

Now, I know what it is like for Sports Fans when the season is over. There is not another game to prepare for ... to watch ... to talk about afterward

Now the real work of a new government begins.

I have dropped off the grand children that are living with us this morning. I have grading to do.
But I have started my day with THE ELECTION for months. Like Tim Russet on "Meet the Press." I loved this sport that we call politics. The Presidental Election was the BIG SHOW.
This year. My team won. Or maybe I choices for candidates won public approval: Barrack Obama and Lupe Valdez. One will become the first Negro (African-American) (half-white) (person of color) (Black) President in our country's history... 219 years since George Washington became the first President of the United States of America. The other one is a second term Dallas County Sheriff, who happens to be a Hispanic, Lesbian, Christian woman with a job to finish for US here in Dallas. Both were long shots. Both are smart, well organized, and had well designed plans and good staffing. They both can get things done. So the "fun" might be over, but the "work" of good government can be just as interesting. So, I will take my three wishes for USa and blogg about them for the next four years: national healthcare, alternative energy, and future jobs for future Americans. And what it will take to achieve those wishes for all of USa.

Freddallas

PS Of course I was really happy that Water was found on Mars this year as well. Water on the Moon and Mars makes it possible to move out and off into Space. For a science teacher that is always interesting to blogg about.

No comments: