Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Time to be Thankful.

Thanksgiving. A time to be Thankful.
What are you thankful for today?

Debt is great. Savings is less. Jobs are fewer. Death one year closer. My years are catching up with me this year. My mistakes and bad choices have resulted in more difficulties ... doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different out come is a definition of madness. However, at any hour of any day, like today, there is something to stop and express thanks for as this Thanksgiving arrives to USa.

I am very thankful for my wife of 11 years and friend for many more.
I am looking forward to the years ahead with her. They are more precious with each passing one. No one is more loving, more supportive, and more interesting.
I need to be more loving, more supportive and just as interesting for her this year.
But less difficult and less painful to live with Change in the air this year.

This year all of our sons are well: one is on a new path of marriage, one is on a new career path, and one is looking at his options hoping for new beginnings... 2009 will be a great year for change.

All of our grandchildren and their assorted parents seem well and joyous this year.
Old family members have past away. Many family traditions have died with them.

AS this year ends, it has brought with it new beginnings and transitions.
Go with the change!

If you have lost a loved one, a family member, a relationship, a friend... be thankful.
Someone else is waiting for you, who needs you, who will need your love and hopefullly will return it to you as your old one failed to do and could no longer do. Move on with your life.
Endings are just as natural as beginnings. Life is much briefer (sp), shorter than we might wish.
But it is not good for ALL to LIVE for EVERY.

Every life is owed a death.
Be thankful that it did not come today for you and me.
Blessed be this day for us and ours.
Let us live our thanks.

Freddallas aka fredddallas aka Quaker Friend


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Last year, my list of things and people to be thankful for was the same as it had been for many years. This year, it is quite different, and much shorter. Much that I once believed in, trusted, cared for, and loved is shattered beyond repair.

So this year, I had to dig deep to find the things I am thankful for. And it all boiled down to one thing: survival. That innate ability to go forward, when you have no firm destination, and no one waiting for you at the end. A belief in myself, and my faith, and my ability to survive.

This is the worst Thanksgiving ever.Worse than sitting in a hospital praying for a child to survive. Worse than being unemployed, broke, and wondering how I would feed my children the next week. But I survived those -- and good things came out of them. I do not know if I will survive this one. But not surviving may be a good thing, too.