Thursday, May 21, 2009

People making their living in call centers must have it harder these days...

FD: I was sitting here grading papers.

The Phone rings. I decide to answer... music
I say "Hello.. Hello"
Male Voice answers "Are you (someone I have never heard of)?"
I say "No... " but instead of hanging up I ask "I who is this person? Why are you calling me? How did you get my number?..."
Male Voice replies almost yelling "WE ARE LOOKING FOR HER. WE GOT THE NUMBER WRONG. I WILL TAKE YOU OFF THE CALL LIST. SEE??"
CLICK

THE PHONE RINGS. I decide that this might be fun...I answer.
Before I can say hello...
Authoritative Male Voice says "Mr. (wrong name again) ? I represents the officers in uniform of Dallas, and I working the phones today to help raise money for the Dallas Fire Rescue k-9 Program, we are trying to take more our dogs and their handlers into the schools to explain to children fire safety procedures and ..."

I broke in " Are you asking for money?"
He says "Yes, Mr. (wrong name again), could you provide us with a $50 donation to help protect children with our fire protection education program..."

I broke in "Sorry, I have had some of my students tell me that call center solicitation service pay 50% to the caller for every donation. I would rather go online and... "
He followed up.. "Man that 50% goes to keeping the call center open. Stupid As.." CLICK

FD: Nope. Not much fun. Next time I will keep it short and hang up... it now seems kinder.

If you really want to make a donation to the Dallas Fire Rescue K-9 Program, here is the website and contact person:
http://www.dallasfirerescue.com/k9.htm

Canine Program Sponsorship
The Arson Canine Unit is not a funded City program.
It exists due to the support and sponsorships of our community.
We would like to express our gratitude to all of those who have assisted, past and present, so that we can provide this quality service to our citizens.

Donations can be sent to:
Friends of the Dallas Fire Department, Inc.

Attention Ray Cherry, President
Dallas Security Systems
P. O. Box 550939
Dallas, Texas 75355-0939.

NOTE:
Dallas Security Systems is a local business

Dallas Security Systems
http://www.dallassecuritysystems.com/
10731 Rockwall Rd
Dallas, TX 75238
(214) 553-6103

http://www.dallassecuritysystems.com/fas.html

AND NO ONE ON THE WEBSITE
has the Name of Ray Cherry

Our Fire Department has gotten a bit of local news: http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/DN-dfrlawsuit_25met.ART.State.Edition1.4a6e891.html
Dallas Fire-Rescue's highest ranking civilian female employee has sued the city for sexual discrimination. Leanne Siri-Edwards, 50, claims that she was demoted recently, despite excellent performance evaluations, for speaking up about sexual discrimination and lewd conduct in the agency. Allegations in the suit include her being told to stay quiet so the others wouldn't think a woman was running the department, receiving naked pictures of women from male coworkers via email, and on behalf of another female employee whose work space and desk had semen on it. Where there is smoke. There is Fire...

1 comment:

call centers said...

Thanks!
Interesting post, thanks again